Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Opening Day(s)

I was going to tell a story about a hunt I had, but as I wrote it, I realized it would have been a little boring, no matter what I did to make it intriguing.  The quick version goes a lot like this: I saw three deer, I snuck over to the edge of a field to intercept, and when I got there, they had vanished.  I tried to quietly head in the direction I thought they headed, but I didn't see them.  On the way back, I scared a doe.  Go figure.  Anyway, how's opening day for everyone?  I haven't had much luck, but I've only been out two times.  I think my plan going forward is to continue to get data from pictures (time of day, weather) to find patterns and to just keep trying.
Want a quick tip?  Get ready to hunt oaks.  The acorns are starting to fall, albeit they're not "ripe" yet, but nonetheless they are falling.
Want another?  Carry a call with you.  I'm going to start doing that, you never know when you may need it.

Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment