Saturday, October 4, 2014

Mid-Season Sucess

How is the deer season going?  I have yet to take a deer, but I've only been out 4-5 times, twice I didn't see anything (well, except a doe and fawn 150 yards off), twice I've seen deer, and ultimately both times they spooked.  And lastly on a hunt I saw a coyote while hunting on the ground, I didn't stay to see if there were more.  But I'll give you a few tips and try to follow my own advice here:

  • Try calling.  Doe grunts may work, and fawn bleats might still do the trick.  
  • Have a strategy.  Know when, where, and how your going to hunt a particular area.  Let someone know where you are, just for safety.  
  • Hunt food sources.  Acorns are now starting to fall, so head over to some oaks.  Food plots may also be productive.  
  • Any hunt you can walk away from is a good hunt, so stay safe.
Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment