Saturday, September 26, 2015

The Early Season

Deer season is upon us!  I'm going to go over some tips and some of my gameplan for the next few weeks.

  • In the early season, deer are usually still in their summer patters.  Therefore: funnels, early season food sources/plots, even well used deer trails, are all good places to start.  If you've managed to pattern a deer, use that knowledge to your advantage.  Is there a deer coming through a funnel at a consistent time?  Be there before it gets there, and you have a good chance of getting it.
  • Calling can works well.  Try fawn bleats, doe bleat/grunts, and buck grunts.

As for my gameplan?  Hunt a funnel (in evening) and a couple specific food sources/mineral sites (morning and or evening), and transition to acorns in about a week or so.  I have a video I plan to post on Youtube about my early season experiences as soon as I get it finished!  That's all for now!   

No comments:

Post a Comment