Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Spring Season

Since the last post, I haven't been up to too much, yet that doesn't mean I've done nothing!

Back in April, I went to Cabela's and shopped around for some fly fishing gear.  I had to be careful looking around because, given enough time, I would buy the store!



After I got the fly fishing lures at Cabela's, which were poppers, the family and I decided a week later that it would be a great day to kayak.  I took my fly rod, of course.  And I brought an ultralight, which I let my siblings use.  I started using a small frog popper and had a lot of luck, if you consider bites and not set hooks luck.  The panfish were just too small to get their mouths around the hook.  I was ready to try a smaller popper when I realized, I had left my tackle bag on shore with my siblings.  So, I continued fishing.  Eventually, I got lucky and a small bass bit the lure and didn't let go.  Yay!



Also in April, the mount of the 8 point I shot back in November was finished!  I got him back and he is now on my wall.  Shout out to Jeff Poston of Living Image Taxidermy for doing a great job!  I would definitely recommend him!

The picture does not do it justice!
That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment