Tuesday, April 26, 2016

My Gear: Tackle and Lures

In this segment, I'll go over the tackle box and lures I use.

Tackle Box: Plastic craft box and "R2F (Ready 2 Fish)" tackle box
Pretty simple.  The craft box came with little things to make compartments inside the box, so that works well. I was given another tackle box, which also has compartments as well.

Bass Pro Shops Tackle Binder
I decided to move from the box to the binder.  While I may stay with tackle boxes, the binder is nice in that you can flip through the pages and find the lure you need.  I've enjoyed it so far.

Lures:
  • Spoons: multiple sizes.  Who can go without adding a few spoons to their tackle?  I have sizes anywhere from brim to Musky (like I plan to use that soon!).
  • BOOYAH Pad Crusher.  -Good for weedy areas, good topwater movement.  Once had a bass follow the lure until it was right in front of me, but it saw me, and decided not to bite the lure.
  • Diving lures: crawdad, tadpole, multiple other divers I don't know the names to.
  • Surface lures: Pad Crusher, Jitterbug, Rebel Grasshopper popper, Tiny Torpedo
  • More jigs than I can care to count, many configurations: crawdad, minnow, curly tail, and more

If you have any question on lures or want some better specifics, just ask!  Keep on fishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment