Thursday, December 29, 2011

How To Sight In Your Bow

If you have a compound bow and you want to sight in your sights (if you have any) then here is what you do.
First shoot a group of three or four arrows at the bulls-eye of the target.  Wherever the  arrows go that is where you move you sights.  For example, your arrows go left and above the bulls-eye.  Move your sights up and left. This is called "follow the arrow."  It rhymes doesn't it!  Sight your sights wherever your arrows go till they hit the bulls-eye consistently.  Pretty simple huh!

3 comments:

  1. It takes more than a sight to be a good archer. A big fancy bow can still miss. Sorry if I sound rude but I just wanted to point it out. :) Do you have a bow??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do have a bow and I do know by experience that a fancy bow can still miss even if you sight it in, I know this because I have a $350 youth compound bow. I was just showing people how to sight in their bow. And you didn't sound rude to me.

      Delete
  2. Cool! I shoot Recurve. I think that there are too many compound shooters in the world.(I'm the only recurve shooter on my team!) And I wanted to be more original and traditional then that! :)

    ReplyDelete