Thursday, December 19, 2013

Established Bait Piles Work

So, in the previous post, I showed you my first deer.  Well, I just wanted to say that, established bait piles work.  The place where I shot the doe was 50 yards from a bait pile.  I saw four deer that morning, and four the previous evening.  I'll even share some pictures of my bait site (haven't used it yet) that I put in less than a week ago:                                                                                  

































So, I think you can see that they work.  The next to bottom picture features a spike buck that my camera took a picture of.  I actually got two pictures of him, but that one was the best of him.  The bottom has two does standing behind a log close by the feeder.  I'll keep all of you posted on my camera pictures if I get some exiting things.  By the way,  most of the pictures were taken on the night of Dec. 17-18, I got over 10 pictures in one night!  And the bait site isn't that old!  They do work when acorns and other food isn't well available.

No comments:

Post a Comment